Noah and Allie go to PAM


The Pacific Aviation Museum (Pearl Harbor), held their "Wine Under the Wings" museum fundraiser in April. My date surprised me with tickets to the event and I was so excited to attend and thought I'd bring my 1940s inspired looks to the festivities. Everyday is a photo op in my world! With only a few hours to plan, I decided to pull inspiration from the actors in the Nicholas Sparks novel/movie, "The Notebook": Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling.

Left: Me  |  Right: McAdams
Rachel McAdams is such a timeless beauty in my opinion and I wanted to take a few details from her character, Allie. I focused primarily on the simple make up, 1940s hair, and the blue dress she wore in the famous scene in the rain when she and Noah realize it isn't over.

Thanks to the internet, you can learn to do almost anything on your own! I watched a quick YouTube hair tutorial by "The Cherry Doll Face". My look didn't come out as fab as I'd like, but I only gave myself 10 minutes to do my hair and five minutes for eyeliner and red lips...Eek! I found this great dress from Charlotte Russe for only $20 at Pearlridge Centers.

 http://www.youtube.com/user/Thecherrydollface


 
Left: Xavier dressed in a $12 shirt and tie set, $12 vest; Ross Dress for Less.
Right: Actor Ryan Gosling of The Notebook

My victim, sorry...my DATE wasn't too excited to hear about the idea. Mostly because I'm in love with Ryan Gosling and I adore him as Noah in The Notebook. I think he's absolutely delicious. Haha! Plus, my date's a local boy, born and raised on O'ahu, and works as a flooring contractor. His wardrobe mostly consist of jeans and t-shirts. After all, there's really no reason to own much more than that a few collared shirts for church and aloha shirts for other occasions. Alas he caved in and dawned these budget friendly threads. It didn't take long for him to totally dig the new look and he was comfortable posing for pics!


The rest of the evening was filled with good food, wine, and some dancing. If you get a chance, please visit this great museum. Enjoy the rest of the photos below from the night!
 




Left: McAdams as Allie
Right: Me, dressed in a high-low periwinkle dress



 
 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment